***SORRY THIS COURSE IS FULLY BOOKED... look for dates in March or July 2018***
Make your own guitar! Experienced guitar builder and tutor Dave Gilberd will take you through every step and guide you through the process of creating your very own instrument. More info on the course outline below.
You will leave with the skills and knowledge required to make more instruments, and also a guitar of superb quality - crafted by your own hand - to call your own.
Watch testimonial videos of previous crafty people who have attended the course.
FULLY BOOKED. If you have any questions please feel free to use the contact form, or contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
DURING THE COURSE YOU WILL:
- Learn to use a wide variety of hand tools and power tools.
- Take a straight plank of timber and craft it into a guitar neck with a headstock of your own custom design
- Choosing from a selection of tone woods, you will assemble a guitar top and learn how to 'tune' the bracing
- Learn tips and techniques on how to craft with accurate results
- Assemble the guitar back from a selection of fine tone woods
- Bend guitar sides
- Shape the fret board to your own custom design, install frets, learn to level the frets, set up the correct string action and adjust neck relief
- Make the bridge to your own custom design
- Assemble the guitar
- Sand to a fine finish, learn finishing techniques
- Take home your very own custom guitar